3LM will be BUILDING our Literacy and Maths skills using LEGO. We will use LEGO blocks to find fractions, fractions of amounts and end the year by representing data (pictograms and bar charts). We will learn about the history behind our favourite blocks, create our own Lego characters and research the best Lego creations.
- Research LEGO art. Find a structure you like best and write a newspaper review about it.
- Draw a picture of a LEGO setting. This means you will need to use a ruler to draw the bricks.
- Write your own LEGO story!
3VP this half term will be learning all about the Tudors. We will start by looking the timeline of the famous Kings and Queens from that time, we will also cover how they punished people! The children will learn about everyday life in the Tudor period as well as learning about other famous people from that era.
- Make a fact file about all the different Kings and Queens.
- Make a 3d model of the Glob Theatre.
- Make a Tudor costume.
This half term, 3JS are learning about Super Space! We will focus on astronauts and The International Space Station, we will write diary entries as if we were astronauts and have made fact-files about the planets. In Art & DT we will build rockets and we have already sketched our own personal planet. We will base our writing on space adventures using non-fiction and fiction Space vocabulary. For science we are now studying The Water Cycle and have already carried out an experiment. In RE we continue to learn about different religious festivals and beliefs.
- Make a fact file about Astronauts. Use the 5Wh questions to help you.
- Draw a picture of what Earth might look like from Space, using sketch pencils and colour pencils.
- Write a story about a Spaceman on an adventure to another planet!
Monday – Reading
Friday – Spelling words
The homework books are now finished and we will be putting the main focus on spelling until the end of term. Please check spelling lists with your child and remind them to look at their lists regularly throughout the week.
All homework to be returned on Monday morning.